Share your personal, first-person testimonial video to tell New York and its leaders why the cultural heritage of the city matters. Tell stories of your favorite small businesses–and what it’s like to watch the fabric of the city vanish day after day. Share your ideas. Tell the mayor what needs to change–before it’s too late.
To make a video, just use your smartphone or point-and-shoot camera in movie mode. Or your laptop’s camera. It’s easy and takes just 5 minutes.
Here’s a how-to on filming with your iPhone (horizontal is best), and another on how to upload directly from iPhone/iPad to Youtube.
To upload a video, you need a valid YouTube/Google account. To create an account, follow the instructions at www.youtube.com/create_account. Here’s a video on how to upload to Youtube.
- Speak into the camera, say why saving New York is important to you
- Address your message to the mayor and the powers that be
- Hold up a #SaveNYC sign–homemade or printed from here
- Record in a quiet setting and project your voice
- Make sure light is on your face and not behind it
- Use tags to describe your video, like “Brooklyn” “Rent Increase”
- Speak authentically and from the heart and make the message your own
- Click here for an example of what we’re looking for
- If you’re shy, wear a disguise or use puppets. Put a sign over your face that says #SaveNYC. We don’t care. Just please follow the guidelines.
- Submit short films, documentaries, collages, music videos, etc.
- Use pre-existing video or video from other sources
Please follow the above guidelines, upload your video to YouTube, and then fill out the fields below. We will review your submission and, if approved, will post it on this site.